Vision: A Resource for Writers
I was the Senior Associate Editor for Vision: A Resource for Writers between 2004 and 2011, which meant in addition to managing the review section, I compiled the publication announcements section for Forward Motion Community members and wrote a series of articles on markets. The original incarnation was discovering markets in community publication announcements and ran from the Jan-Feb 2004 issue to Nov-Dec 2008. For the 2009 issues, I wrote an in-depth market analysis of the following markets: GUD, Strange Horizons, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Realms of Fantasy, and Fantasy Magazine. In 2010, the focus was on identifying top markets and offering criteria to help you create your own top markets list. For 2011, I interviewed editors based on their mention in a poll of Forward Motion Members on favorite markets.
Additionally, I have written a number of other articles for Vision:
- Website Review: Twitter.
- Choosing Your Measuring Stick.
- Book Review: Fairy Tales for Writers by Lawrence Schimel.
- Altered Perception and the Reader’s 50 Percent.
- Reviewing a Magazine Before Submission.
- To Write or Not to Write, an article about using voice recognition.
- Dare to Be Blunt, an article about direct, non-coddling critiques that are helpful.
- From First to Final, an article about editing short stories.
- Footsteps to a Novel.
- Sociological Science Fiction Defined.
- Taking the Plunge, an article about submitting your stories.
- The Tarnished Crown, an article about polishing your novels.
- Visit from the Muse, an article about connecting with your muse.