Hi everyone. Wow, I didn’t realize I’d neglected this blog so much. Trouble is that my focus has been largely on critting and non-fiction writing, so I didn’t have much to say on the fiction writing world.
So, a quick catch-up:
1) I’ve redone my website so it now is a pure writing focus. (I mentioned this regarding the image at the top, but I’ve done a bit of polishing.)
2) I sold a short story that’s available online so if you’ve been curious about reading something of mine, just go to the “For Readers” page of my website. Also, while you’re there, check the “Latest News” page for additional happenings.
3) I should have been doing a crossover post all along, but I’ve started a new tradition on my Stray Thoughts blog called Friday’s Interesting Links. Since these links have a heavy writing/publishing focus, they should be of interest to anyone here who does not also follow that blog. Check out this week’s here: http://marfisk.blogspot.com/2009/10/fridays-interesting-links.html
4) The outlines:
–The Princess in the Tower is the closest to done of all three outlines, but it still needs some work.
–The Farmer Boy is the farthest from being done as I only did the examples necessary for my class and haven’t gone back.
–Let Me Tell You All About Myself is probably about halfway done. The concepts are all there, but the threads to pull it all together need fleshing.
5) NaNo – yes, I’m planning to do NaNo this year, the first planned event since my second year doing it back in 2004 (note I’ve done NaNo every year regardless :p). However, I have yet to settle on a project, so things are still up in the air.
6) This month I’m going to both Muse Online and World Fantasy. Hope to see/meet in person some of you there.
7) And I’ve finally started working on a fiction project again…Selkie. I’m in the process of re-outlining based on the feedback, after which I plan to retype the whole thing because so many of the edits are a word here, a phrase there, that will change the meaning significantly. I find retyping allows me to integrate them better.
I think that’s about it :). Any questions?
Can I crit Selkie? 🙂
LOL! It’s not even rewritten yet! I’m thinking maybe by mid next year what with everything else on my plate. However, if you’re not too busy with your own deadlines by then, remind me. I’d love your opinion on it.
NaNo should prove interesting this year… looking forward to seeing you there. I won’t be doing SF/F this year; just pure fiction. We’ll see where it leads. LOL. G’luck on your endeavors.
I don’t know how pure you’d say Coma Wedding is, but it’s not really spec fic either. Can’t say I’ve stuck to any one genre with NaNo.